High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Getting a divorce, ex will not sign the papers nor pay the lawyer to continue the process

| Nov 30, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: house, car, and child are involved. currently paying child support no alimony do not want the house or car, just want to get divorced.

A: David’s Answer: You don’t need for your spouse to sign the papers – you merely need to serve him/her & then the ball is in their court to respond. If s/he doesn’t, you may proceed on default. If your name is on the deed/mortgage, however, the court MAY need an inquest hearing to direct that she put the mortgage into her sole name or sell. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. —David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network