Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Getting a divorce, ex will not sign the papers nor pay the lawyer to continue the process

Q: house, car, and child are involved. currently paying child support no alimony do not want the house or car, just want to get divorced.

A: David's Answer: You don't need for your spouse to sign the papers - you merely need to serve him/her & then the ball is in their court to respond. If s/he doesn't, you may proceed on default. If your name is on the deed/mortgage, however, the court MAY need an inquest hearing to direct that she put the mortgage into her sole name or sell. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment. --David Bliven, Bronx Divorce Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions