High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can my son’s father take him out of state for his visitation weekend with out asking?

| Nov 20, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: I have full custody and he has visit. 2 weekends a month last visitation he txt me saying he was going to be 10 min late because of traffic. I happened to be going the same way to our meet up so I know there wasn’t any traffic on at less on the main road. All I got from the father was a laugh and a “sorry hit traffic” (he is always 2-5 min late due to traffic) I asked my son how did he hit traffic&he said he had to pack and then they hit traffic only later to find out later that my son was in another state he never said anything about it, this is the second time he brought my kid out of state with out ok the first time he had ask if he could also keep him another day I never said yes when I txt to make sure I was getting back as usual I got a oh well he was keepin him & he was 30min late

A: David’s Answer: Bottom line is that if the order doesn’t prohibit it, then he can. What you should do, however, if file to modify the order & either provide that he can’t without your consent – or at least that he provide prior notice. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge