Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I Sue For A False Warrant

Q: So I finished my probation a couple months ago.. And recently I was on a cruise our first stop was Florida. The police come onto the ship arrested me for a warrant for probation when I finished it.. The probation officer called them to say there should have been no warrant but wasn't good enough.. The probation officer had to go to the judge and have him clear it which he did within a couple hours. So I was arrested and jailed for no reason what are my options

A: David's Answer: More information would be needed, because if it was the court's fault, unfortunately you can't sue the court. Thus, it depends on what information the police were replying upon. Moreover, if it was the fault of the police in Florida, then you may need to sue them down there. For now, you should schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Civil Rights attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions