Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

In a divorce situation, can I get the age of support changed until past 21?

Q: My son is going to turn 21 in six months. He still has two more years of college. i was wondering if it is possible to extend the child support and the college contribution until he graduates. For instance when he was very little, right after we d...

A: David's Answer: By statute, the age of emancipation in NY is 21, unless extended by agreement. As such, unless the agreement specifically extends the support beyond 21, there is no way for the court to do so over the objection of the other parent. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions