High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I expect my wife to bring an action in family Court against me for not providing our twins with medical coverage. We’re going

| Oct 24, 2015 | Uncategorized

Q: through a divorce and I have proof that they’ve been covered since the day they’ve been born. I had to defend myself in Supreme Court, and obtained a letter from my carrier as proof. We just entered into a stip in Supreme Court and should be divorced in less than a year. I am terrified of this particular magistrate in Family Court. He stated that I have to support my wife for life (I’m a retired cop on a disability!), which the Supreme Ct judge had never heard of, he gave me an unintelligible support order which I’ve been fighting the OCSE FOR YEARS, and the Appellate Division for years, and on a judge-rated website, he had all 1’s on a 1-10 rating, 9 ratings,which were all removed from the website. Truly the magistrate from h***! How can I get a different magistrate from handling my case?

A: David’s Answer: Unfortunately you generally cannot get the Judge removed unless there’s clear evidence of bias (as opposed to merely deciding against you). That said, what would be the basis for your soon-to-be-ex-wife’s petition that you’re not providing coverage, if you actually are? Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. David Bliven, Westchester Divorce Attorney.

FindLaw Network