Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can i file a lawsuit for abuse and harassment?

Posted by David Bliven | filed in Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney no commentsTags:

Q: My girlfriend's sister is constantly abusing me:

-When i accidentally had all the popcorn, she SCREAMED at me and told me off and criticized me
-When my Tourettes acted up, she started screaming at me and telling me off and lecturing me and criticizing me
-When i make a simple mistake (like spilling a bit of water) she screams at me and starts criticizing me
-If i bump in to her accidentally, she starts screaming at me
-She tells my girlfriend and her family bad things about me (all false/made up) and turns them against me
Can i file a lawsuit for abuse and harassment?

A: David's Answer: No. In short, she has freedom of speech which would protect insulting language. Under these circumstances, it's best to have a frank discussion with your girlfriend and state if the behavior doesn't stop, or she's kept away from you, the relationship may need to end. Call a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney (

Share this article on:

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions