Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my parents get a restraining order against my boyfriend who hasn't harmed me or them?

Posted by David Bliven | filed in Westchester Domestic Violence Attorney no commentsTags:

Q: I'm 14 almost 15 in September my boyfriend is 17 going to be 18 in December. My parents dislike him due to his race , he hasnt harmed me or anyone in my family. Is it possible to actually get the restraining order?

A: David's Answer: No - they would need to be able to allege & prove he committed an act of domestic violence, such as harassment or menacing. If he didn't commit such an act, they wouldn't be able to get an order of protection. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Domestic Violence attorney (

Share this article on:

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions