Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Will I be able to move from new York to Pennsylvania if visitation with the non custodial parent is not altered?

Q: Currently in court for custody as well as child support. He agreed to every other weekend overnights. The last week of june, July and august.

A: David's Answer: As a move of this distance may also affect the non-custodial parent's ability to participate in school & extracurricular events, you would indeed need a relocation trial in order to move. At such a trial, the court will weight numerous factors, principal among them how you feel the move will benefit the child. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions