High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Should I mention other parents record in custody case?

Q: The other parent has full custody of my child and been arrested for a crime involving narcotics but the other parent has not been proven guilty yet. Is this crime worth mentioning even though parent has not been proven guilty yet? Could this crime present a change in circumstance which could modify custody over to me? I’m worried about my child’s well being.

A: David’s Answer: If you wish to go for custody, then throw in everything & the kitchen sink. It’s questionable whether the arrest itself would be a valid basis for a switch of custody, but there are presumably other reasons you’re requesting the switch. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network