Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Should I mention other parents record in custody case?

Q: The other parent has full custody of my child and been arrested for a crime involving narcotics but the other parent has not been proven guilty yet. Is this crime worth mentioning even though parent has not been proven guilty yet? Could this crime present a change in circumstance which could modify custody over to me? I'm worried about my child's well being.

A: David's Answer: If you wish to go for custody, then throw in everything & the kitchen sink. It's questionable whether the arrest itself would be a valid basis for a switch of custody, but there are presumably other reasons you're requesting the switch. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions