High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I file a violation of order if the other parent refuses to allow my child visitation with me?

Q: We went to court weeks ago and the judge ordered that the other parent should allow my child weekly visits.
The other parent refuses to abide by the order and continues parental alienation.
I was informed that since the law guardian just signed the order that I can’t file a violation of order for the weeks I have missed seeing my child.
What are my possible options in this case?
Since the law guardian just signed the order from weeks ago do I just forgot about the visitation that was promised me by the judge?

A: David’s Answer: I assume you mean the LG signed off on the wording of the proposed order, and now it’s been submitted for the Judge’s signature. Unfortunately, in this instance you can’t move to enforce an order which hasn’t been signed yet. In the meanwhile, you should send default notice letters to put the other parent on notice of the budding violations. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for more info. David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network