Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I file a violation of order if the other parent refuses to allow my child visitation with me?

Q: We went to court weeks ago and the judge ordered that the other parent should allow my child weekly visits.
The other parent refuses to abide by the order and continues parental alienation.
I was informed that since the law guardian just signed the order that I can't file a violation of order for the weeks I have missed seeing my child.
What are my possible options in this case?
Since the law guardian just signed the order from weeks ago do I just forgot about the visitation that was promised me by the judge?

A: David's Answer: I assume you mean the LG signed off on the wording of the proposed order, and now it's been submitted for the Judge's signature. Unfortunately, in this instance you can't move to enforce an order which hasn't been signed yet. In the meanwhile, you should send default notice letters to put the other parent on notice of the budding violations. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions