Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What are my chances?

Q: My son father is seeking joint custody but i want sole custody is there any way as a mother i can be granted that? If anyone can look at my court papers because i was recently served and not fulling understanding whats going to happen.

A: David's Answer: While joint custody is encouraged as a settlement, it's rarely imposed. The Court would have to believe that, despite the differences between the two of you, same can be set aside when it comes to the kids. If he's the one who wants joint custody, it'd be his burden to prove the case. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions