Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Summer vacation

Q: Divorce irder states that parties get 2 non consecutive weeks summer vacation. I am the custodial parent and if i am planning on going out of statr should i let the non custodial father know about the plans. According to the decree, i have to let the father know with the summer vacation date by May 20th of each year. If i tell the father the weeks that i want with the child, would that be substantial or do i need to let the father know about my vacation plans with the kids. Can i go on a summer vacation out of state without letting other parent know.

A: David's Answer: If the order doesn't specifically state that you must tell the other parent about travel out-of-state, then technically you don't have to. That said, if you'd want the other parent to tell you if he was traveling with the kids out-of-state, then you should do so likewise (otherwise, you can't really complain about it later if he fails to inform you of such plans). Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions