High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I want to move to another state with my child, but her dad is giving me a hard time, can I still move without his consent

Q: My child is 13, I’ve had full custody since 2010. She use to spent ever weekend at his place but now she doesn’t want to go, I have to force her to visit with him. She wants to move, she see n feel as if this can be a new beginning for her due to the fact that she’s been experiencing hardship and bulling at school. We live in NY and he lives in NJ. He asked if I would live her with him but she refuse to, she told him herself. He asked me to move to NJ, but my husband and I have better job opportunities and way of live out there (Florida). What should I do?

A: David’s Answer: File a relocation petition. Also consider filing an upward modification of child support petition, as these things often boil down to money. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge