Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I want to move to another state with my child, but her dad is giving me a hard time, can I still move without his consent

Q: My child is 13, I've had full custody since 2010. She use to spent ever weekend at his place but now she doesn't want to go, I have to force her to visit with him. She wants to move, she see n feel as if this can be a new beginning for her due to the fact that she's been experiencing hardship and bulling at school. We live in NY and he lives in NJ. He asked if I would live her with him but she refuse to, she told him herself. He asked me to move to NJ, but my husband and I have better job opportunities and way of live out there (Florida). What should I do?

A: David's Answer: File a relocation petition. Also consider filing an upward modification of child support petition, as these things often boil down to money. Schedule a consult with a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Bronx Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions