Free 15 minute case assessment
Call Today 914-468-0968

Should the courts convert my gross to the U.S $ to make adjustments? why are they using my income when I have custody?

Q: I am the custodial father residing in Canada. My case is in new York. the non custodial mother resides in ny. she makes 25,000 more then me. On the itemization of income and deductions, they added my gross as well My annual gross income is in...

A: David's Answer: It seems proper for the Magistrate to have converted your income to U.S. Dollars, since that's the only way to properly run the calculations required by statute (which requires a comparison of your income versus the mother's). As for how the Court arrived at the numbers it did, you're best advised to schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney. Family Law attorney 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions