Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Uncontested Divorce - Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage - Same sex marriage.

Q: Hello, my spouse and I are filing a same sex divorce. This is a link to the instructions we are using to fill out the form.

Our understanding is that N.Y.S. removed the words "husband" and "wife" from all uncontested divorce forms to accommodate same sex marriage/divorce. We filled out the uncontested divorce forms and these words do not appear... only the words "spouse 1" and "spouse 2".

However, the Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage appears to require us to use the words "husband" and "wife".

The instructions says to enter "Husband" or "Wife" but we refer to each of us as "husband" and "husband", neither of us is the wife. What can we write for these answers?

Thank you

A: David's Answer: Dinosaurs are slow to move. It's more than acceptable to flip a coin on this one. Call a NYC Uncontested Divorce attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions