Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 15-minute Case Assessment or full 45-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Posts tagged "Child Custody"

Me and my ex have joint but he isn't on the birth certificate can I still get a passport for my son or do I need to go to court

Q: We have joint custody and I'm going a family vacation for 3 weeks but he refuses to sign but he isn't listed as the father on the birth certificate can I still obtain the passport with out him it's only interrupting one of his weekends what can I do please any advise would be good.

How can i surrender a child that is under direct placement with me under acs supervision in nyc?

Q: My nephew is living with me under direct placement but circumstances have changed between me and my wife and unfortunately we are unable to care for him any longer. We have submitted our 10 day notice to acs and have informed them for over a month now about the situation with no cooperation from them and need to surrender the boy back to them and need to know how to do it asap.

If I move from the state my kids are in, but have petition for them, can I bring them to my house out of state ?

Q: Me and their mom aren't together so I'd like to know if she can intervene with my petition for my kids if I try and get them to go to my place when it's my turn to have them.

I relocated with my daughter after mutual agreement with her father. He then filed a petition to bring me back. Now what?

Q: Hello, I wanted to get a second opinion on my case. I was granted sole legal and physical custody of my daughter. Her father has visitation every Sunday. He announced to me he was moving out of state during the summer and so I also decided to move to a different state where I would have closer family. So I moved 3 weeks ago. Father of the child was in complete agreement and we had discussed how visitation would happen. The minute I left he filed a writ of habeas corpus claiming that I took the child out of state against his will and he requested I bring back the child. FYI He is out of status as far as his visa situation is concerned so he cannot have custody because he could get deported one day. So now the problem is that the judge wants me there with the child for a hearing that will take place a couple weeks from now and my attorney informed me that the judge also wants me to remain in NY until the case is resolved. Under what circumstances can I avoid staying in NY? Would having a job or going to school where I am now be a reason for the judge not to keep me in NY until a resolution? I am already settled here and can absolutely not stay in NY for more than a couple days.

I have a condo with my ex wife i come over time to time to see our children have clothes and receive mail there whats my rights?

Q: She has a mail friend that seems to be living there for two or three weeks my daughter asked me to talk to her they feel uncomfortable with him there i didnt know i work alot and my kids thought i was temporary thats why they didnt tell me i want him not to come back.

What does it mean when the judge adjourns a case to a later date to see if a paternity test should be done, when I'm requesting?

Q: I requested a paternity test be done and the judge adjourned the case to see if a paternity test is necessary.

I want to win back full custody or joint custody and now I don't have a lawyer, it is possible with what I wrote below?

Q: My ex won full custody of our son on Dec 6th. The judge denied my request to vacate the order albeit didnt give me any chance to redeem myself or present any new documents. I missed the court date due to medical reasons and was treated very unfairly because of it. Also, I lived in a shelter during the court process and it was used against me apparently by "not being situated" which shoudnt even be an issue, considering I take care of my 2 other children. Now, with visitation in order, I see my son from Thursday at 8pm to Sunday at 2pm. His father works two jobs now, not before the order was in place and doesn't have time to spend with our son. He states it in our emails to each other and always requests different times to pick up or drop off our son. I will be attending school in January however our son will spend actual time with me AND his siblings, my two daughters and I have no scheduling issues for drop off or pick up. My son spends half of the work/school week with me already and cries a lot about missing myself and his sisters. I feel it's in his best interest to live with me and his father could actually get more parenting time if I have him with me.

Hello, I am going through a custody case in Bronx, NY. I had a friend serve the defendant, but defendant claimed she was....

Q: I am going through a custody case in Bronx, NY. I had a friend serve the defendant, but defendant claimed she was never served. Her son was served and yes he is over 18 and he does reside at the same address. This is due to child abuse, my friend has to go to court and testify that she did serve the son who is an adult. What will the family court due to the defendant or her adult son? The sons signature is on the doc stating that he did receive the papers.

I have custody, what if dad don't sent kids back during visitation?

Q: I live in NY and dad lives in FL, I have custody through the courts , I let dad have the kids for Christmas vacation , now I am worried he won't return the child back before school starts. What can I do if my child is not here on Jan 5th?. I live in NYC Bronx.

What are my best options to be able to see my son. I received temporary order of protection and a summons for custody/vis

Q: My son is currently 2 years old. Myself and his mother were co parenting without any issues. The petitioner found out that I was in a serious relationship with another women, and abruptly left with my son to an unknown location. With me being concerned I finally get a chance to speak to her on the phone and she simply says "I have nothing to say to you" and hung up. Few days later I receive a summons for custody/visation and temporary order of protection against me saying I threatened her and broke a tv,which is completely false. I understand that they might not see her selfish ways, so at this point I'm looking for the best way to approach this without causing more stress for everyone involved. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions