Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 15-minute Case Assessment or full 45-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Bronx Child Support Attorney Archives

I pay child support for a 17old, I am retiring do I still pay child support on top of my pension qdro order?

Q: My son is 17yrs old, I still have to pay until he is 21, I am retiring in 2019 he will be 19, my qdro states she gets a portion of my pension masjukas formula, will I be paying child support and the qdro ordered pension payments too until he reaches age 21? I will not be able to survive.

Child support and ssi benefits ?

Q: Baby has ssi but the income is not enough can I get child support while the baby is on ssi? The baby temporary do not live with me lives with my mom and she is the payee how do this work is ssi income calculated? If I get good engouh child support order can I cancel the ssi? I am planing to move child back home with me and the ssi will terminate due to my income I need to know can I take him to court now with the ssi then terminate when child moves back home would that affect child support

Is child care such as summer camp and after-school programs something I can have added to the child support the father pays?

Q: I took my daughter's father to court five years ago for child support, I never went back to have the amount increased or to request more money. For the past two years he has refused to pay for her summer camp and after school. When I have approached him about it he tells me he already pays child support and that if I want anything more for me to take him to court.

Why does the amended IWO show the same amount as the original IWO?

Q: I keep receiving amended iwo letters from the child support agency, but the withholding amount in the letter is the same as the current charge from my paycheck. I get charged 119$ a week for childsupport from my paycheck and the amended IWO shows the same amount to be charged. Why send an amended IWO if the amount is the same?

How can I get an illegal alien to pay for child support ?

Q: I recently filed for child support , the problem is he pays child support when he wants to , when I went to court they gave him the amount he has to paid weekly to our son, the problem is he doesn't pay he actually owns our son about 2,000$ . Hes illegal in the united states and at this point I really dont know what my next step should be ?

Can I be taken to court for child support twice after the case got dismissed last year ?

Q: I was orderd to court twice last year for child support and paternity the mother didn't show up twice so they dismissed the case now I'm being ordered to come to court again I thought this situation was over when they dismissed the case last year


Q: Hello, I have two step children who moved from New York to Florida. I'am married to their father which never filed taxes because he always worked under the table and is an immigrant. My question is Can their mom make me pay child support for his kid. We are legally married. I'm only 21 and attend school. The father is 33 and mom 32. Me and my husband have a child in common. I would like to know which laws apply from which state, etc.

Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions