Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I be taken to court for child support twice after the case got dismissed last year ?

Q: I was orderd to court twice last year for child support and paternity the mother didn't show up twice so they dismissed the case now I'm being ordered to come to court again I thought this situation was over when they dismissed the case last year

A: David's Answer: The Court can't really prohibit her from continuing to file for child support. That said, if she shows a pattern of filing & then not appearing, the court could consider entering sanctions and/or a counsel fee award against her as a penalty. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions