Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Ex blocked phone communication with kids.

Q: My ex and I have joint custody in Bronx MY. They have been residing with me since 2010 when we broke up, but Since July 2016, I let them live with him because he hasn't been in their lives. If we have an argument about how he cares for them, he blocks phone communication. I have tried to reach him for the past 3 days and I'm blocked. Should I take him to court?

A: David's Answer: It was probably foolhardy for you to give him de facto custody, as he can now move to have the court order modified to reflect that reality & then sue you for child support. In any event, if continued informal methods do not work, then yes, you'd need to file an enforcement petition in court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions