Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I move out of state with my children of which I have full custody of.

Q: I have full legal custody of my 3 children. I am working on my divorce but I am very low on funds and my ex stated he was not going to pay for the divorce and he only has visitation every other weekend with the two little children for one day from 5 pm Sat to 5pm sun. 
My oldest does not want to have anything to do with him and this is stated in the visitation agreement it is up to my son and he chooses not to visit. 
At this time I am unable to work do to injury in my legs. It is to a point I have a home aide to assist me. 
Financial he is not paying child support fully and one of my children has Autism. My family flys in as much to assist me but it becomes a burden on them as well. 
My family would like me to move to North Carolina with them so they can give me and the children the support we need. 
There father has forfeited three visits in a row, the last time they have seen him was in the first week of December and we just got the agreement in September. 
I would like to know can I make this move so that my children and myself can get the assistance and family support that we need. 

A: David's Answer:
 Rather than filing for divorce right away, I'd advise you to proceed in Family Court first. Family Court moves quicker on custody issues & is better set-up to accommodate those who can't afford a high amount of legal fees. You should file a petition seeking permission to relocate. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions